MotoGP™ Technology, 3rd Edition 2017 by Neil Spalding
About the book
MotoGP™ was created as the 21st-century pinnacle of motorcycle racing.
The intention was to create the most powerful and fastest motorcycles ever made, to develop the technologies needed to win, and to use those technologies to improve the motorcycles we see on the road every day.
The bikes are all prototypes, developed for one purpose, lapping the Grand Prix circuits of the world as fast as possible. MotoGP™ commands the best factories, engineers and riders and there are now six factories on the grid. Each has its own views of how a winning bike should be designed.
This is the third edition of Neil Spalding’s acclaimed MotoGP™ Technology book. Available from November 2017 as an Officially Licenced MotoGP™ publication it is right up to date and packed with colourful detail.
Neil tells the inside story of the bikes in the MotoGP™ pit lane, providing new insight into the design of these racing motorcycles, including:
- A review of all the point-scoring bikes of the last decade.
- An analysis of all the different factors affecting the design of a racing motorcycle.
- The technologies and skills they have had to master including:
- Chassis development, including the science of chassis flex.
- Aerodynamic changes and the various designs of wings in use.
- The design of seamless shift gearboxes.
- Easy-to-follow graphs and tables showing the science of machine development at the summit of motorcycle sport.
Containing over 300 pages and 650 superb colour photographs and illustrations, most from Neil’s own unique archive, this book provides a fascinating insight into how the bike factories compete at the very top of the game.
The books now being shipped (December 2018) are from the first reprint. This includes improvements to the typeface and 16 additional pages covering the technical development of the bikes during the 2018 season.We have no plans for any further changes.